Friday, August 8, 2008

My first Blog

Its 8th of August and this is my first Blog.Its been one week since i have come to the US.

First up it was a tough flight from Dubai to Houston almost 17 hrs. I then came here and am staying here with one of my friends from Infy pune. The Indian student association here is doing a great job in accommodating all incoming Indian students.

The place is full of Indians. You see them everywhere.That's bcos the education here is relatively cheap to other places. I went around the Campus for the first two days and completed my formalities.I liked the campus very much though it was very hot out here 39 deg.

I talked to my seniors in the MIS course at the Mays business school and the picture generally sounded bleak bcos of the recession and jittery job market.

I'm currently searching for a student job position and hopefully with some hard work and luck ill find one soon. Meanwhile I'm enjoying my time here and making new friends.

No comments: